Most people will find out that their lungs are working fine. Some people may benefit from further tests or treatment either from their GP or Hospital Doctors. When it comes to lung health, spotting problems early can make a big difference.
Lung Health Checks will take place over the telephone but you may also be invited for a lung scan. These will be in convenient community locations so they are local and easy to get to.
Those due to receive an invitation for a lung health check will be those registered at Brierley Park Medical Centre, King's Medical Centre, Skegby Family Medical Centre, Willowbrook Medical Practice and Woodlands Medical Practice.
How does it work?
- If you qualify for a FREE NHS Lung Health Check, you will receive an invite letter through the post.
- This letter will have a date and time where one of our health advisors will call you for your lung health check which will take approximately 15 minutes. If this time is not suitable please call and our team on 01623 572500 who will happily rearrange this to a more convenient time.
- During the telephone call you will be asked questions about your overall lung health, lifestyle, family and medical history.
- You may then be invited to have a lung CT scan. This checks for early signs of lung cancer and is called lung cancer screening.
- Scans take place on mobile vans in community locations so they are local and easy to get to.
Keeping you safe – Covid-19 Update
If you are unsure or do not want to attend because of concerns about coronavirus, please speak to the advisor about any concerns/questions you may have. Keeping you and staff safe whilst on-board the mobile unit is of paramount importance and control measures, such as PPE and social distancing, have been put in place to reduce any risk from your attendance.
What happens to your data? The Privacy Notice describes what we do with your data, please read carefully:
Bill is one of the people who was diagnosed with early stage lung cancer through the lung health check programme in Nottingham. Finding this early meant Bill was able to undergo curative surgery.
Terri was diagnosed with early stage lung cancer, but finding this early has meant she has now been 5 years cancer free.
- Unexplained persistent cough
- Unexplained persistent breathlessness
- Fatigue lasting four or more weeks
- Persistent or recurrent chest infection
- Unexplained weight loss
- Appetite loss
- If you are unsure or do not want to attend because of concerns about coronavirus, then please contact the lung health check appointment team to discuss this. A leaflet, which was included in your invitation letter, explains the changes in place to ensure your safety and the safety of lung health check staff during Coronavirus.
If you have any questions about your Lung Health Check please contact us using the bookings
telephone number on 01623 572500 or using email@example.com, alternatively the form below.